Resume for Faraz Vahedi
I am an experienced System Administrator/Architect, aspiring Kernel and FreeBSD Developer, would-be Philosopher and Political Science student. I have worked in large-scale environments especially those built upon UNIX and BSD family Operating Systems including FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, and also Linux. I am no more interested in working as a System Administrator, but am always happy to help as an Architect or Consultant.
UNIX and BSD environments are preferred.
Resident in Teheran, Iran
+98 921 437 0485
Devoting more time on open-source projects, kernel development and founding my own company.
(not all works are listed)
Khallagh Borhan Inc.
- UNIX System Architect and Administrator (September 2016 - December 2018)
- DevOps Engineer (April 2019 - February 2020)
- Redesigned and set up an infrastructure for a music and video streaming platform
- Set up and managed Continuous Integration/Delivery for various projects
- Set up Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) with Oracle Database 11g and 12c
- Set up and managed Apache Tomcat and RedHat JBoss AS/WildFly
- Set up and offered Internet Censorship Circumvention solutions
- Set up scale-out NAS filesystems
- Helped and managed automations with Ansible, SaltStack and Shell Scripts
- Helped set up SELinux on CentOS 7 machines
- Helped set up OpenLDAP and Kerberos
- Helped set up IDS/IPS with Snort and Suricata
- Helped set up Zabbix and wrote custom scripts
- Helped troubleshoot and setup OpenStack, Kubernetes, OpenShift and Docker Swarm
- Managed and helped set up various DNS implementations including BIND, PowerDNS, NSD and gdnsd
- Managed and set up firewalls (network- and application-layer)
- Managed and set up various database systems including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and Oracle Database 11g and 12c
- Managed and set up NGINX, HAProxy and Apache servers
- Designed and set up PaaS project architecture
IRBUG (Iran BSD User Group)
- Founder and Organiser (April 2019 - Present)
Key Areas of Expertise
||C, Perl, Forth, Shell Scripts
||FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, Linux
||PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL